Monday, October 18, 2010

Choose Your Weapon


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJEa2c_939o

Everybody's gotta remember this right? Magic vs Bird, and the classic Cons that they came out with in Lakers and Celtics colors. I remember really wanting the Magic ones. I don't know why, but for some reason when I was a kid I liked the Showtime Lakers. Don't get me wrong, I was always a Knicks fan, but for a little while there I liked the Lakers, too. It was probably an attempt to differentiate myself from my Michael Jordan/Bulls loving older brother, Zac.
I even had a James Worthy poster up in my room.

So a few months ago I got commissioned to do a Larry Legend piece for someone (Do you want a commission? You can have one! Email me at LuckyLeftyArt@gmail.com). It was my first foray into leaving baseball and painting other sports (not counting the sweet Mark Clayton on a jean jacket I painted for my little brother Perry when I was like 12). I had a lot of fun painting Bird and I got inspired to do a companion piece of Magic.


The Bird painting there is actually a print since I sold the original (it was a commission remember? Do YOU want a commission??).

Hey, if you like my art (why would you be reading this blog if you didn't?) now there's a chance to see it live and in person!
The art will be displayed at the sneaker and apparel store WEST on November 4th for about 2 weeks, or maybe longer.
That's WEST at

http://www.westnyc.com/

Check them out, cause they've got some ill shit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment